Sometimes it's what you don't know that can hurt you. Make sure the air in your home is safe to breathe.
A professional IAQ Home Survey measures and reports on the air in the home for chemicals and hidden mold that could be detrimental to your health or that could cost you thousands of dollars to remediate if left undetected. Performed by Safeguard EnviroGroup, an IAQ Home Survey test is the only composite home air quality assessment available today. It monitors for hundreds of chemicals in the air (called VOCs or Volatile Organic Compounds) and active mold growth. It not only reports on the total levels of VOCs and mold present in the home, but it also identifies the potential sources of odors and air pollutants (e.g., paint, adhesives, flooring, cabinets, heating fuel, dead animals and hundreds of other products and materials that emit gases into the air unseen in a visual inspection) giving you actionable information on the steps necessary to improve the air quality in your home. In addition, testing for Formaldehyde and Tobacco Smoke can be done at the same time as the IAQ Home Survey test (extra charges apply).
Here are some important facts to know:
- The USEPA has reported that home air can have 100 times more chemicals inside than outside.
- The USEPA has also reported that adults and kids now spend most of their time indoors (90%).
- The CDC has reported that 20+ million adults have asthma, and the National Asthma Survey has reported that asthma is the most prevalent chronic disease among children.
- These numbers continue to increase annually, suggesting that the indoor environment plays a contributing role in this trend.
- Mold growth can be present within the home and be hidden behind walls or underneath carpeting or flooring.
- The use of Formaldehyde is prevalent in certain building materials and the concentration of this known cancer-causing agent can be many times the safe level.
How can I know if the home air quality is safe?
IAQ Home Survey™, a state-of-the-art test, checks for chemicals in the air that could potentially make you and your family sick, and provides you with an assessment of the home air quality.
- IAQ Home Survey is a low-cost test designed to measure the chemicals in the air and find hidden mold.
- IAQ Home Survey reports the total amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) found in the home and whether they are within a recommended safe range.
- IAQ Home Survey predicts the source of the VOCs and determines if the home is the source or if the VOCs are merely from the contents of the home.
- IAQ Home Survey is so sensitive it monitors for the chemicals released by actively growing mold, whether it is behind walls or underneath carpeting or flooring.
- Formaldehyde can be measured and reported individually for an additional charge. This test is especially recommended for any home constructed or remodeled within the past five years.
- Results within a few days of testing
Total Peace of Mind
Whether you are buying or selling a home or just concerned about your indoor air quality, indoor air pollution is one risk that you can avoid if you’re informed. An IAQ Home Survey™ test can give you peace-of-mind and put you on the path to a healthier home. Call Safeguard EnviroGroup today at (626)335-3154 to schedule an IAQ Home Survey.